Friday, May 9, 2008

HTC Still Touchin'?




When I first saw this phone I thought, it's about time! Who likes using a touch screen all day? Well......there are some.......The HTC Touch Dual supports the touch screen AND the sliding keyboard. Although the Dual is still small, of course it will be thicker but it's no biggie. The Dual is a GSM version (damn it!). For it to be a GSM phone, it sure does have some pretty low talk time. I mean...... 3 hours MAX! Still supporting the Windows 6.0 or 6.1, Dual may still have some of the bugs that the OS (Operating System) may have had inprevious versions. I am a fan of big screens and I feel that it is great when you want to take pictures, watch movies, etc.

My main isue with touch scren phones is if you want to dial with one hand like with driving. Plus the numbers are alligned sorta like a regular phone so dial with your eyes closed (just not while driving). What some may not like is if they are spoiled with their QWERTY boards, then they may shy away from this product but who knows? I went from QWERTY to SureType. Their keyboard is sorta like the Samsung's Blast keyboard.
This has a 400 MHz processor as opposed to the original HTC Touch, 200 MHz processor. Hopefully consumers will receive a little less lagging as far functionality goes.

That is it for the HTC Touch Dual! There is no official release date for it yet but rumors are that it may be October or November. I think HTC did a great job in making ths decision.



No comments: